Sunday, September 23, 2007

Serving Others

For Neal & Bev
Parents night at school. (also for Zachary & Jack)



For Uncle Kyle























Dog Wit & Wisdom
Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.
Experience is being able to recognize a mistake when you do it again.

Remember - At the feast of ego, everyone leaves hungry.

Question of the week.
If Elvis was such a great man, why is he buried in the backyard like a hamster?


It's Okay To Be A Church Dog

Sometimes I Hate My Job

from - Teen Daily Devotional Ministry
By: Brooke Macrimailto:Macrimailing@tddm.org

Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men... Ephesians 6:7

I'm a server at a local restaurant. It’s an okay job I supposed, just like any other job, good points and some bad points. But I can honestly say that sometimes I hate my job with such a passion, I feel like just quitting. You have to serve all kinds of people, on a daily basis. Old people, teenagers, nice people, and people who are not so nice. More than often you get the people who are not as nice as others.

I walk up to certain tables, and greet them (always with a smile) most of the time people will just ignore my greeting and tell me what they want to drink without even looking up from their menu. When I come back to take their orders, I usually get talked to with disrespect and sarcasm. I get treated like I'm a servant, and that I'm beneath people sometimes. And in the end, when it comes down to pay, the tip is barely even worth writing down. IT AGGRAVATES me people! I just don't understand how one person can treat other complete strangers with disrespect and lack of caring.

One thing that I need to keep in mind on a daily basis, and that is to remember that when I work , I need to work for the Lord. When Jesus found his disciples, He humbled himself to wash their feet. Think about that, the Savior of the world washing the feet of average men. When we choose to follow Christ, we are called to serve others. Serving in every way. The Bible tells us that everything we do we should to as if doing it for the Lord. Something I need to keep in mind. To treat everyone I wait on at my job, as if I was serving the Lord Himself. IF I do that, then my job and everything else in life wouldn't be so horrible. Serving the Lord means serving others.


Woof
Abby