Saturday, August 18, 2007

Aged Pecans

Story of the week
Annie, my dog cousin, related this true story to me. For those of you not from the Texas Panhandle let me give you a little background. It’s a great place to live but there is not a large variety of things to do for entertainment. At least not as many options as you folks that live in a more metropolitan area would be use to. Both adults and kids sometime have to create their own entertainment. So now the story

A Texas Panhandle family was having get-together at their rural ranch location. As with most events the food and conversation was abundant. As the parents were enjoying the evening two young girls came walking around the corner of the house. One girl was carrying a rope and the other a roll of duct tape. The girl with the rope goes up to her mom and asks; “Mom, do you know where the dog is?”

And you were wondering why the dog hides when the relatives come over. As Paul Harvey says - - And now, you know the rest of the story.

Pecan Treasures

"I know its here somewhere!"

"Yea, I remember putting it here."

"Chubs, there is nothing better than a well aged pecan."

What is the difference between a dog and a cat?
A dog lives in your house and sees that you give it food and water and says to itself, "Wow, these beings give me food and water without my having to do anything. They must be gods!"

A cat lives in your house and sees that you give it food and water and says to itself, "Wow, these beings give me food and water without my having to do anything. I must be a god!"

Dog Wit & Wisdom
"If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons." -James Thurber

Check back next weekend!


Woof!
Abby