Saturday, August 4, 2007

Dog Exploits Cat

Proof Dogs Are Smarter Than Cats



It's Okay To Be A Church Dog

Wisdom Anyone?
By: Suzanne Richardsonmailto:Richardsonmailing@tddm.org

If anyone of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. James 1:5

I learned something new this year when I took a group of youth from my church to summer camp. Now understand, I always learn something at camp but this time I'm still feeling it almost a week later!

You see, things happen when there is a group of teens and time to spare. Somehow, some way, new games are created and usually someone has to test them out to see if they are fun and worth repeating. Well, I can't say I was the first one to volunteer but I forgot my age and thought this new thing looked hilarious....ok, enough excuses! We had mattress wars! Two people are on opposite sides of the room holding a twin size mattress straight up in front of them. When someone yells, "Go!", they run head on into each other like a couple of banchees! It literally felt like I'd been in a car wreck! You know the crazy thing about it all - I didn't stop after the first time! It took me 5 times to finally have enough. Talk about hitting your head against a brick wall!

When I think back on it now, I know it was a stupid decision to participate. I knew I was going to suffer for it physically but I just had to try it. Sounds like a lot of other decisions I've made in my life that have gotten me into trouble. The temptation is so subtle sometimes that you aren't even aware it's pulling you in the wrong direction. I think to myself, "What could possibly go wrong?" HA! Man oh man, if I only had the wisdom of God at those times, I wouldn't be hobbling around right now! If I had only asked God, like the scripture above says, He would have given me the wisdom I needed and I wouldn't be feeling it so much today. If only.....

Got any stupid decisions you've made? It's not too late to learn from them and make better choices tomorrow. Better yet, choose to ask God next time - He gives free advise to those to ask, and amazingly it's always what's best for us!



Dog Wit & Wisdom
"My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That's almost $21.00 in dog money." -Joe Weinstein





Woof
Abby