Friday, July 6, 2007

Coyote Catches Road Runner

I just love to read. Yes, not having thumbs is a bit of a problem but there is always a shoulder to read over. Its also pretty easy for me to keep up on current events when I use the paper.

And I seem to have to use the paper a little more often as I grow older. In addition to my sage advice I enjoy passing along the interesting tidbits of life you might have missed.

Because the number of individuals reading this blog is so high, I am considering posting daily. If you would like to see Abby The Dog update daily send me an email at abbythedog@cebridge.net .



Dog Wit & Wisdom


"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein

Coyote Catches Road Runner
So your a Coyote & Road Runner fan. And I know deep down you secretly wanted the Coyote to catch the Road Runner, just once, just to see what happened. Well it happened! Yes, it did. I don't recall the network ever airing this footage but it did happen. So sit back, click and enjoy the show.


Its OK To Be A Church Dog

Here is a daily devotion I found interesting this week. It comes from the Teen Daily Devotional Ministry. This and other great daily devotionals can be found on the "Church Dog Links" box on the right side of this blog. Enjoy!


Choking or Growing?

By: Suzanne Richardsonmailto:Richardsonmailing@tddm.org

God's kingdom is like a farmer who planted good seeds in his field. That night, while his hired men were asleep, his enemy sowed thistles(weeds) all through the wheat and slipped away before dawn. When the first green shoots appeared and the grain began to form, the thistles(weeds) showed up, too. Matthew 13:24-25 (Msg)

When I was at a friend's house the other day, I noticed she had an overabundance of weeds in her garden. The plants that were supposed to be growing there were tall ornamental grasses and the green stuff that was taking over looked amazingly similar, like a copycat. To the untrained gardener, nothing would have appeared out of place. But to a Master gardener (one who KNOWS plants), there was a big problem. You see, the weeds will multiply and grow at an alarming rate, choking out the plants originally intended to grow there. Then you are left with nothing but a huge weed patch where only good intentions started.

I have found this to be true in our lives as well. I've got weeds in my heart. I never intended for them to take root and grow there but I haven't focused on pulling up the weeds I knew were there either. It has just been easier to ignore them and hope they would eventually die off or go away. Now it seems like it'll take a forklift to dig up some of the tough stuff entangled among the good in my heart. But unlike me, our Master Gardener knows how to handle the weeds growing inside of us.

With some soaking and a gentle tug here and there, He can pull out from our hearts what does not produce worthwhile stuff and give room for all the good things in us to grow, as He intended. And He will speak gently to you, helping you to let go of what is unnecessary and grab hold of good soil and a better foundation. Sometimes we hang onto the weeds in us because we are too afraid to release them. Sometimes we don't even know that we are holding a weed instead of a flower. Dandelions are pretty but they are weeds, after all. Don't be fooled by the copycats!

Are the "weeds" in your life choking out the good that God placed in you from the beginning of time? Can you even tell what is a weed? Is there something you need to let go of that is keeping you from growing? Ask the Master. He knows what gems He placed in there and how to get them to bloom in a breathtaking display of color! Sometimes pulling the weeds can hurt but the results are so worth it! How about it? Are you growing or are you choking?

Summer Time,
Summer Time,
I Love Summer Time!

With all the rain this year its amazing to watch things grow. This cartoonist really captures the essence of summer here at our house. (for Zachary & Jack)


Have a tail wagg'en good weekend!

Woof
Abby